1st March 2019
Welcome back. We hope you have enjoyed the half term break. Last half term the children had great fun learning about ‘Traditional Stories’.
We always plan our learning based on the children’s interests. After discussing possible next topic ideas with the children we have all decided to learn about ‘Where does my food come from?’ Please see the attached topic web detailing the children’s ideas and other areas that we will be exploring this half term. If you feel you would be able to support the children with their learning in any way please let us know.
As we are moving into the warmer months we will be having more P.E. sessions outside. Please can you make sure that your child has their P.E. kit in school every day and that it includes the following named items:
- A red t shirt
- Black shorts and leggings/jogging bottoms
- A jumper or jacket
- A pair of socks (for children who wear tights)
- A pair of trainers or plimsolls.
Please could we also ask that your child comes to school with a named coat as the weather is still unpredictable at the moment and we only have a limited number of spare coats at school?
Reading Record and Tapestry Comments
Thank you once again for all of your reading record and Tapestry comments. We really value and enjoy reading your comments. Please feel free to write in the reading record comment section every time you read the school reading book with your child. This helps us to know when you have read with them. It does not need to be a long comment and can simply be ‘Read this book today’.
*World Book Day 07.03.19
*Snuggle Down 13.03.19 5:00- 5:30 p.m. (Children come dressed in their pyjamas and can bring a small cuddly toy)
*Parent Consultations 20.03.19 1:15 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
*Easter holiday 08.04.19- 22.04.19
In order to have a successful start to the school day it is important that children arrive at school ready for the register at 8:55 please. This really helps the children to feel settled and ready for their learning. Please note that children who arrive after this time will be noted on the register as late.
- Book bags must be brought to school each day; please check your child’s book bag as this is where we will put any letters or important information.
- Please also ensure your child has their sound book and reading book with them every day.
- Please name all clothing and personal possessions.
- Please let somebody know if someone different is picking up your child at the end of the school day.
- Please ensure that children have their PE kit and waterproof clothing at school at all times.
If you have any queries, concerns or anything you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to come and see us.
Mrs Thomsett Mrs Moore