This term we will be exploring the topic ‘What Is Art?’ We will be looking at different forms of art and discussing how these make us feel.
This term children will begin their transition into Year One. In order that the children feel confident about moving onto their next class, we will be having a number of transition activities including transition assemblies and a transition morning. The new class teachers will spend some time working with the children in our classroom as well as the children spending a morning with them.
Just another quick reminder that on the warmer days children will need sun cream applied before they come to school and then we can help them to reapply their own sun cream at lunch time. Children will need to bring in a named sun cream which can either be left at school or returned at the end of the day. Children will also need a named sun hat. It would be great if the children can still bring in a coat everyday due to the unpredictability of our weather.
Sports Day and Concert Performance
We will soon be enjoying our annual Sports Day and concert performance. On the Sports Day children enjoy a carousel of activities in the morning and the running races take part after lunch. If you are able to, you are welcome to attend for the whole day but the majority of family members arrive from 12.00pm to enjoy lunch time with their child on the field and then watch the running races in the afternoon. You may like to bring either a blanket or camping type chair to sit on. The children will also be performing a song in the concert performance. One of these performances is at 6:00p.m. on 10.07.19 and also in the day at 1:30pm on 11.07.19. You are welcome to enjoy these performances with us, but there is no obligation to attend both.
*Grandparents’ Tea party 19.06.19 (2:00pm)
*Alternative Sports Day: 21.06.19 (Parents not to attend)
*School Sports Day: 28.06.19
*Concert Evening Performance: 10.07.19
*Concert Afternoon Performance: 11.07.19
- Book bags must be brought to school each day; please check your child’s book bag as this is where we will put any letters or important information.
- Please also ensure your child has their sound book and reading book with them every day.
- Please name all clothing and personal possessions.
- Please let somebody know if someone different is picking up your child at the end of the school day.
- Please ensure that children have their PE kit and waterproof clothing at school at all times.
- Please ensure that children have a coat at school every day.
If you have any queries, concerns or anything you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to come and see us.
Mrs Thomsett Mrs Moore