Our whole school topic this term is ‘What makes Cornwall special?’ and in Year 4 we will be investigating what is special about the Cornish coast. In science, we will be exploring living things and finding out about the creatures that inhabit our coastline. At the end of term we will be visiting the aquarium (more details to follow) and learning about the impact of plastic pollution. We would like to create some artwork using recycled plastic and would be grateful if you could collect and send in as many coloured bottle tops as possible over the next 4 weeks.
Home Learning Opportunities
- Survey your family to find out what they think makes Cornwall special.
- Look out for coastal features when you visit the beach. Can you see any signs of erosion?
- Go rock pooling.
- Carry out a beach clean with your family.
- Write a poem about the sea.
- Make a sculpture using recycled plastic.
- Go for a walk. How many habitats can you spot along the way? Can you identify any of the creatures that you find?
- Amaze a relative by reading to them on the phone or over Facetime.
- Keep learning those times tables!
In the event of hot weather, please ensure that children have their drinks bottles, sun hats and sun cream in school and that each item is clearly labelled with their name. Please feel free to pop in after school if there is anything that you wish to discuss.