This term we will be investigating the question, ‘How can art develop our historical understanding? We will use artwork to help us understand what life was like for the Anglo-Saxons and Vikings and find out how historical events have been depicted through art.
Home Learning Opportunities
- Design and make your own Anglo-Saxon armour.
- Become an archaeologist and get digging in your garden! What treasures can you discover? Can you identify any of your finds?
- Anglo-Saxon houses were made of wood and thatched with straw. Can you build your own Anglo-Saxon house using natural materials?
- Use the internet to find some gruesome facts about the Anglo-Saxons or Vikings.
- Have fun outside! Teach someone a new game.
- Keep learning those times tables!
- Read, read, read!
Dates for the diary
Grandparents’ Tea Party: Wednesday 19th June
Sports Day: Friday 28th June
STERTS Trip to see Fantastic Mr Fox: Thursday 4th July
Summer Performance: Wednesday 10th July 6:00pm
Summer Performance: Thursday 11th July 1:30pm
Summer Fair: Saturday 13th July 10:30am – 2:00pm
Please feel free to pop in after school if there is anything you would like to discuss.