Happy New Year!
This term we will be investigating the question ‘What lies beneath our feet?’ and finding out about volcanos! We would like to make some volcanos of our own and for this we will need small plastic bottles (not milk bottles), if you have any at home please send them in before the end of the month. PE lessons will continue to take place on Monday and Friday,
Home Learning Opportunities
- Draw a picture of a volcano erupting!
- Write an acrostic poem using the letters from the word ‘VOLCANO’.
- Listen to the news and look out for any plate tectonic activity (volcanos, earthquakes, tsunamis etc).
- Go for a walk and examine the rocks that you find. Are they all the same? What makes them different?
- Use the internet to research your favourite volcano.
- Make a messy volcano using sand or mud! Pour in vinegar and add some bicarbonate of soda to make it erupt!
Thank you for your continued support and encouragement with reading and timetables at home – we really notice and appreciate what you do!
Please feel free to pop in after school if there is anything you would like to discuss.